Sharon Resch YWCA
Building Location and Details
Our building is on the corner of South Madison Street and Stuart Street at 230 South Madison Street, Green Bay, WI.
Many of the spaces in our building are used for different purposes throughout the day, and most are available for rental. From community events to birthday parties, we are happy to be your host. Learn more at the link below.
Lulu Bellin Women's Empowerment Center
Our empowerment center offers a range of programs supporting women and girls from TechGYRLS and employment workshops to our Boutique and Career Closet. Both the Boutique and Career Closet are made possible by generous community donations of women’s clothing. Our hardworking volunteers prepare all of the clothing donations we receive, which are then displayed in either:
- Our Career Closet which offers free professional and business casual clothing to women who are currently employed or seeking employment. This is a place where women can find support whether they are looking for a new outfit for an upcoming interview, or just need to build their closet of professional clothes.
- Our Madison Street Boutique which offers a wide array of clothing and accessories for an affordable suggested donation per item. Proceeds from our boutique benefit Women’s Economic Advancement and services of our Empowerment Center. The Boutique is one of Green Bay’s hidden gems, stop in and shop with a purpose!
Kuehne Aquatic Center
Everyone deserves the opportunity to develop skills that make them feel safe and confident in the water, especially in a city surrounded by it! At YWCA Greater Green Bay, we offer a variety of lessons and classes that are designed to promote safety, health and wellness, and a strong community for our members.
- Two warm water pools
- Heated whirlpool for relaxation
- Women’s Only Dry Sauna
- Accessible pool and facilities
- Multiple locker rooms and restrooms to accommodate all individuals
Arlene B. Walter Fitness Center
As part of our community you deserve a supportive and safe environment where you can meet your fitness and health goals. We are here to provide a welcoming and friendly space that promotes dignity.
- Cardio Equipment including treadmills, exercise bikes, and elliptical machines
- Strength Training Equipment including weight machines, medicine balls, resistance bands, and free weights
- Accessible options for individuals with limited mobility
The auditorium offers a large space to accommodate bigger groups for many different purposes. It has hosted blood-drives, conferences, and fundraisers as well as large group fitness classes and community events.
- Stage with microphone and sound system
- Large projector screen
- Gymnastics equipment and tumbling mats
- Goals, balls, equipment, and nets for various sports
- Tables and chairs to accommodate different events
Rebecca Chernick Innovation Lab
The innovation lab is a space to offer economic workshops and classes that empower the financial growth of women and facilitate important discussions. Programs such as TechGYRLS and YW Strive along with other community groups use this space regularly.
- Digital presentation board
- Class set of laptops
- Reconfigurable seating and workspaces
Laird/Laforce and Baer Multipurpose Rooms
These multipurpose rooms offer spaces for smaller community events and group fitness classes. A range of equipment allows classes to be tailored to the needs of different participants.
- Assortment of weights
- Mirrored walls
- Barre handrails
- Folding chairs
Marguerite Kress Terrace Childcare Playground
What could be more fun than a playground on the roof? The terrace gives our childcare kids a safe place to play outside without leaving the building. Our rooftop terrace has two wooden playsets with various slides and climbing features as well as plenty of space to run, ride tricycles, and play games.
- Two Wooden Jungle Gyms with multiple slides and various climbing and play features
- Plenty of space to run and play
- Tricycles and scooters
- Kitchen playset
- Wooden blocks and trucks